Last Updated: January 8, 2019
The One Health Company advances cancer cures for dogs and is committed to breakthroughs in cancer biology to evolve canine cancer care.
Your privacy is important to us.
- We’ll refer to One Health Company, Inc. as “One Health Company” or “we” or “us”.
- We’ll refer to our website, www.TheOneHealthCompany.com, as the Site.
- We’ll refer to all the services we provide individually and collectively, as the “Services”.
- We’ll refer to you, the person or entity accessing our Site or using our Services, as “you” or “your” or (if you are a purchaser of our Services), our “customer”.
What is a Data Controller? For general data protection regulation purposes, the “Data Controller” means the organization who decides the purposes for which, and the way in which, any Personal Information is processed. Our customers are the Data Controllers.
What is a Data Processor? A “Data Processor” is an organization which processes Personal Information for a Data Controller. We are the Data Processor for our customers. As a Data Processor, we may be bound by the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations (the “GDPR”).
What is Data Processing? Data processing is any operation or set of operations (whether automated or not) performed upon Personal Information. Examples of data processing explicitly listed in the text of the GDPR are: collection, recording, organizing, structuring, storing, adapting, altering, retrieving, consulting, using, disclosing by transmission, disseminating or making available, aligning or combining, restricting, erasure or destruction.
What is Personal Information? Personal information is any information which is about you, from which you can be identified. Personal Information includes information such as an individual’s name, address, telephone number, or e-mail address. Personal Information also includes information about an individual’s activities, such as information about his or her activity on our Site or our Services, and demographic information, such as date of birth, gender, geographic area, and preferences, when any of this information is linked to personal information that identifies that individual. Personal Information does not include “aggregate” or other non-personally identifiable information. Aggregate information is information that we collect about a group or category of products, services, or users that is not personally identifiable or from which individual identities are removed.
How do we collect Personal Information?
In our service as a Data Processor, we collect Personal Information from Data Controllers in several ways:
- Information you provide to us directly.
- Information you provide us when you contact us for help.
- Whenever you contact us for help, we collect your name and email address along with additional information you provide in yourrequest so that we can provide you with assistance and improve the Service.
- Information we may receive from third parties.
- Using officially sanctioned payment processor integrations
- Customers who elect to connect their payment processors to us using their payment processor’s official integrations allow us to collect relevant data directly from the payment processor if it exists.
What information do we collect?
We may collect the following types of personal information from you:
- Your first and last name, username and email address.
- Your company’s name.
- Your (and/or your company’s) physical address.
- If you are a veterinarian, your full name, your private practice or clinic’s name, email, phone number, address, and your patients’ clinical records.
- If you are an individual, your pet’s veterinarian’s (and/or pet hospital’s) name, email, phone number and address.
- Your pet’s name, photograph, and certain other identifying information regarding your pet.
- Medical information about your pet.
- We may also collect and aggregate information about the use of our Site and our Services. That information could include information such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, operating system, the web page that you were visiting before accessing our Site, the pages or features of our Site which you browsed and the time spent on those pages or features, search terms, the links on our Site that you clicked on and other statistics.
- An IP or Internet Protocol Address is a unique numerical address assigned to a computer as it logs on to the internet).
- If you access our Site using a mobile device, we may collect information such as a device identifier, user settings and the operating system of your device, as well as information about your use of our Services.
- We may also permit third-party online advertising networks to collect information (through Cookies or similar tracking technology) about your and others’ use of our Services and any of your mobile or web applications, in order to allow those third-party networks to display ads that may be relevant to your interests on our Services as well as on other websites or apps.
- You may be able to opt-out from allowing those third-party online advertising networks to collect information; please see the “Your Choices” section below.
What do we use your Personal Information for?
- To compile statistics and analysis about your and others’ use of our Site and our Services.
- To personalize your experience — your Personal Information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our Site and our Services — we continually strive to improve our Site offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service — your Personal Information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To send periodic emails — the email address you provide may be used to send you information, notifications that you request about changes to our Services, to alert you of updates, and to send periodic emails containing information relevant to your account.
- If you purchase anything through the use of our Services, then to enable you to purchase services from our Site.
- We may also use Personal Information you provide to contact you regarding products, services, and offers that we believe you may find of interest. We allow you to opt-out from receiving marketing communications from us as described in the “Your Choices” section below.
- We store specific location data in your One Health Company account.
- In addition, de-identified data that does not identify you may be used to inform the health and scientific community about trends; for marketing and promotional use; or for sale to interested audiences. See “Do We Disclose any Personal Information to Outside Parties?” to learn more.
We may also use your Personal Information where necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation, includingto share information with government and regulatory authorities when required by law or in response to legal process, obligation, or request.
- We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials or private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose your Personal Information to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we believe necessary or appropriate: (i) to respond to claims, legal process (including subpoenas); (ii) to protect our property, rights and safety and the property, rights and safety of a third party or the public in general; and (iii) to stop any activity that we consider illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
We will request your consent before we use or disclose your Personal Information for a materially different purpose than those set forth in this Policy. Consent may be obtained by any legally sufficient method. For example, depending on the circumstances and applicable laws, consent may be obtained by providing you with notice and the opportunity to opt-out.
Your Choices About Your Personal Information
You may modfy Personal Information that you provide to us. If you remove data from your One Health Company account, it will no longer appear to you. Backups of that data will remain associated with your One Health Company account and in our archive servers.
Your Rights to Opt Out. You can opt-out of receiving commercial email or other email not directly related to patient data or your account settings by unsubscribing via the “Unsubscribe” link in any One Health Company email. Opting-out of these emails will not end transmission of important service-related emails that are necessary to your use of the Services. In addition, you may opt out of allowingthird-party online advertising networks to collect information from our Site by adjusting the browser “settings” on your computer or mobile device. Please refer to your mobile device or browser’s technical information for instructions on how to delete and disable cookies, and other tracking/recording tools. Depending on your type of device, it may not be possible to delete or disable tracking mechanisms on your mobile device. Note that disabling cookies and/or other tracking tools prevents us or our business partners from tracking your browser’s activities in relation to the Service, and for use in targeted advertising activities by third parties. However, doing so may disable many of the features available through the Services. If you have any questions about opting out of the collection of cookies and other tracking/recording tools, you can contact us directly.
How do we protect your Personal Information?
We care about the security of your Personal Information. To help protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password to verify your identity before granting you access to your account), and we use commercially reasonable safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information collected through the Services. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or guarantee that information on the Services may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. And you are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to your email communications from us. Upon becoming aware of a breach of your Personal Information, we will notify you as quickly as we can and will provide timely information relating to the breach as it becomes known in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations or as is reasonably requested by you. If you have any concerns over the security of your Personal Information, please contact us at email@example.com.
“Do Not Track” options will not affect how we use your Personal Information
Who at One Health Company may access your Personal Information?
Designated members of our staff may access Personal Information to help our customers with any questions they have, including help using our Services, or investigating security issues. This activity is logged in our system for compliance, and we maintain different levels of access for its employees depending on their role in our company. For certain payment processors, only the Data Protection Officer has the ability to access additional business metrics from the payment processor (for purposes of investigating potential security breaches and fraud, or otherwise with the permission of the customer). In some cases, Personal Information may be accessible to certain types of employees, consultants, or contractors involved with the operation of the Services (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration).
Do we disclose any Personal Information to outside parties?
Except as set out below, we do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personal Information. Non-personally identifiable visitor information, however, may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
- We may share your Personal Information with other companies owned by or under common ownership as One Health Company, which also includes our subsidiaries (i.e., any organization we own or control).
- We may disclose your Personal Information to third-party service providers (for example, payment processing, data storage andprocessing facilities) that assist us in our work.
- We limit the Personal Information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and we require them to agree to maintain the confidentiality of such Personal Information.
- We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our Site’s visitors.
- These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
- We may also release your Personal Information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our Site’s policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety.
- If you ask us to do so, we may share your Personal Information with the public and other users of the Services. Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for public posting to the Service, such as user-generated content, becomes available to the public. If you remove information that you posted to the Services, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, or if other users of the Services have copied or saved that information.
- We may share or sell aggregated, de-identified data that does not identify you, with partners and the public in a variety of ways, such as by providing research or reports about canine health. When we provide this information, we perform appropriate procedures so that the data does not identify you and we contractually prohibit recipients of the data from re-identifying it back to you.
- We may also share certain information such as your location, browser and cookie data and other data relating to your use of our Services with our business partners to deliver advertisements (“ads”) that may be of interest to you.
- Your Personal Information may also be transferred to another company in the event of a transfer, change of ownership, reorganization or assignment of all or part of our businesses or assets.
- This will occur if the parties have entered into an agreement under which the collection, use and disclosure of the information islimited to those purposes of the business transaction, including a determination whether or not to proceed with the business transaction. You will be notified via email or prominent notice on our websites for thirty (30) days of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information or as otherwise may be required or permitted by law.
How do we handle global transfers and processing of your Personal Information?
Retention of your Personal Information
We retain your Personal Information for as long as we need to fulfill our Services. One Health Company may continue to use your de-identified data after you deactivate your account. In addition:
- We may keep data linked to cookies and other online identifiers up to three years.
- If we are involved in litigation or a governmental or regulatory investigation, then we keep data throughout the period of litigation or investigation and for 5 years after that. If a settlement means that we have to keep data for longer, then we keep data for the period required to administer the settlement. If we provide data to law enforcement agencies, then we keep a record of this for one year beyond the end of the investigation.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Our Site and services are all directed to people who are at least 18 years old or older. We strive to comply with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act). If this server is in the United States, and you are under the age of 13, do not use this Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18 or your country’s age of minority. If you nevertheless believe that your child has provided us with their personal information, please contact us at support@One Health Company.comand we will delete it.
Other rights you have include the rights to:
- Withdraw your consent for us to process your Personal Information.
- You have the right to withdraw consent where you have previously given your consent to the processing of their Personal Information.
- Object to the processing of your Personal Information.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Information if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent
- Ask for a copy of your Personal Information.
- This is known as a Subject Access Request. If you would like a copy of some or all your Personal Information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ask us to correct your Personal Information.
- It is your right to lodge an objection to the processing of your Personal Information if you believe that the legal ground “relating to your particular situation” applies. The only reasons we will be able to deny your request is if we can show compelling legitimate grounds for the processing, which override your interest, rights and freedoms, or the processing is for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claims.
- Ask us to transfer your Personal Information to other organizations.
- Ask us to erase certain categories or types of information.
- If you choose to remove your Personal Information, you acknowledge that we may retain archived copies of your Personal Information in order to satisfy our legal obligations, or where we reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
- Ask us to restrict certain processing.
- You have the right to object to processing of Personal Information. Where we have asked for your consent to process information, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
- “Opt out” of certain sharing of Personal Information.
- You may limit or “opt out” of our sharing your Personal Information with third parties.
- Lodge a complaint.
- You have the right to bring a claim before a competent data protection authority.
Attn: Privacy Issues
530 Lytton Ave, 2ndFloor
Palo Alto, CA 94301